Commercial real estate acquisitions, dispositions, and financing, affordable housing & economic development, joint venture transactions, and local and state permitting comprise much of Megan Watts' practice as an Associate in our Real Estate group. Prior to joining the firm, Megan worked as a lawyer for MassDevelopment, assisting with financing matters and grant program development.
- Assisted in the acquisition and financing by Beacon Capital Partners of 30 properties located in the District of Columbia, Virginia and Seattle consisting of over 11.5 million square feet of office space.
- Representation of an affordable housing developer in the acquisition, financing and redevelopment of two triple-decker buildings in Dorchester, MA.
- Assisted in the tax credit restructuring of a scattered site affordable housing development.
- Assisted a national insurance company in multiple loan transactions in the northeast.
- Representation of CrossHarbor Capital Partners in connection with the negotiation and formation of multiple joint venture arrangements relating to the acquisition of an 80% interest in 3 shopping centers in Pennsylvania totaling more than 635,000 square feet.
- Assisted in the creation of joint venture and REIT structures and the related acquisitions and financings of multifamily properties.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Boston Bar Association, member
- MIT Club of Boston, member
- Pro bono representation of Codman Square NDC and Nuestra Communidad
- Urban Land Institute