Peter is a litigator focusing in the areas of construction and bankruptcy. He represents clients in state and federal courts in a variety of litigation matters involving construction contracts, transportation, land use, director and officer litigation, insolvency matters and complex commercial disputes.
In his construction law practice, Peter primarily works with real estate developers and owners, drafting, negotiating and enforcing complex contracts for the design, construction and redevelopment of commercial real estate properties. His work largely centers on contracts for retail, mixed-use, hotel and office properties.
In his restructuring practice, Peter represents Chapter 11 debtors, creditors’ committees, secured and unsecured creditors in connection with bankruptcy proceedings, businesses in distressed asset sales and lenders throughout the country.
Chambers USA reports that "Peter is tremendous, particularly when it comes to analyzing complex information. A very capable attorney, he proactively and instinctively knows what to do and how to do it.” Prior to joining the firm, Peter worked as a law clerk for the Honorable Joan N. Feeney of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Massachusetts.
- Represented the owner of a large commercial solar power project spanning towns on Cape Cod and Islands in connection with a complex commercial litigation matter involving the contractor and multiple sub-contractors.
- Assisted an Iraqi soldier, who acted as a translator for the United States army, apply for, and receive, a visa so that he may stay in the US following his service.
- Counsel to the Liquidation Trustee for MS Resorts, former owner of luxury resort properties in California, Arizona, Hawaii and Florida.
- Counsel to Bob's Stores, a 35-store sports apparel retailer, involving the successful sale of its business in Chapter 11.
- Counsel to Arthur D. Little, Inc., a global consulting company, and its affiliates, involving the successful disposition of its business units to five separate purchasers in Chapter 11.
- Counsel to Omni Facility Services, Inc. and its affiliates, a commercial facility maintenance business, in their Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding.
- Counsel to the official creditors’ committee of Biotransplant Inc., a biotech company, in Chapter 11.
- Counsel to Bay State Paper in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding.
- Counsel to a plan trustee and committee in initiating and prosecuting numerous bankruptcy litigation actions.
- Representation of landlords in the Chapter 11 cases of KB Toys, Filene's Basement, Circuit City, and Ritz Camera.
- Representation of a national bank in class action bankruptcy litigation.
- Representation of real estate lender in the receivership and bankruptcy of several affiliated borrowers.
- Representation of owners in complex construction litigation.
- Representation of national real estate developers in the bankruptcy proceedings of a construction company.
- Representation of national real estate developer in commercial dispute.
- Representation of a national retailer in transportation litigation.
- Representation of national lender in bankruptcy litigation.
- Representation of the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in Chapter 11 bankruptcy of the Elephant & Castle restaurant chain.
- Representation of the Debtors in Magic Brands (Fuddruckers).
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Boston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Turnaround Management Association
- BBA Financial Literacy Committee
- BBA Large Firm Pro Bono Committee
Awards and Recognition
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers "Rising Stars," 2006 - 2012
- Chambers USA, “America’s Leading Business Lawyers," 2010-2011