Phillip Levy, a Director in the firm's Real Estate group, brings to his practice over 20 years of experience, focusing on commercial real estate financing, acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, real estate development, leasing and real estate work-outs and foreclosures.
- Counsel to several major developers on retail, mixed use and multifamily projects throughout New England including joint ventures, acquisitions, dispositions, construction and permanent financing.
- Represented major national big box retailer in connection with its New England roll-out, including acquisitions, leasing transactions and permitting matters.
- Represented one of the nation's largest privately owned regional mall developers in connection with the disposition of its retail management business and a portfolio of 14 regional malls in four states to a publicly traded REIT for a combination of cash and operating partnership units.
- Represented public and private REITs, including acquisition and financing of Perimeter Center, Atlanta, GA; Westbrook Office Park, Chicago, IL; President's Plaza, Chicago, IL; multi-state portfolio acquisition from New York Life; acquisition of office buildings in Virginia from LaSalle Partners and GE Capital; acquisition of Atheneum Portfolio, Cambridge, MA.
- Represented construction lender providing construction financing for Two International Place, a 750,000 s.f. high rise office building in Boston, MA and in the successful action to enforce a permanent take-out loan commitment made by a life insurance company.
- Represented construction lending group providing construction financing of Fleet Center, Boston, MA (home of the Boston Celtics and Boston Bruins), and construction lender providing construction financing for The Ice Palace, Tampa, FL (home of the NHL Tampa Bay Lightning).
Professional and Community Involvement
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Real Estate Finance Association
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Martindale HubbellTM Top Rated Lawyer in "Land Use And Zoning," 2013
- Best Lawyers in America, 2015-2017
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2005, 2007 - 2016