Acquisitions and dispositions of office buildings, shopping centers, warehouses and raw land, joint ventures, real property secured and mezzanine loans, and like-kind exchanges are the focus of Tim Watkins' practice. Tim also handles all aspects of real estate agreements including joint venture agreements, leases, development agreements, property management agreements and listing agreements. Tim sits on the editorial board for the firm's retail blog, Retail Law Advisor and is a Director in the firm's Real Estate group.
- Representation of Federal Realty Investment Trust in connection with the formation of a joint venture and acquisition of a controlling interest in Montrose Crossing, a 357,000 square foot existing shopping center with an adjacent developable parcel in Maryland. The $127M purchase also involved an $80M loan from Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America.
- Representation of purchaser of $200MM portfolio of office buildings in Reston, Virginia.
- Representation of borrower in a $138MM securitized loan.
- Representation of borrower in a $55MM acquisition loan.
- Representation of investor in 7 parcel full block assemblage in Arlington, Virginia.
- Representation of national REIT in purchase of a $100M shopping center in California.
- Representation of investor in sale of $1BB office portfolio in Alexandria, Virginia.
- Representation of NFL team in connection with stadium construction financing for facility in Tempe, Arizona.
- Representation of local and national REITs, corporate clients, developers, investors and lenders with respect to real estate matters.
- Representation of REIT clients in portfolio acquisitions, formations of joint ventures and like-kind exchange transactions.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Fundraiser, Kageno Worldwide, Inc.
- Fundraiser, Middleburg Humane Foundation
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM