We help businesses, charities, governmental agencies, institutions, individuals, makers of products and providers of services respond to the rapidly changing privacy laws in the healthcare industry. More specifically, we serve banks, hospitals, nursing homes, healthcare providers, medical and trade associations, technology vendors, software developers, developers and providers of communications products and services, data security and processing companies, telemedicine ventures, electronic media providers and e-commerce start-ups in the areas of:
- Alternative dispute resolution and litigation
- EU Directive on Data Protection and US Safe Harbors
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
- Healthcare industry standards, including Medicare and Medicaid
- Loss avoidance, risk management and insurance
- Medical informatics
- Technologies for encryption, authentication, public key infrastructure and security
- Web privacy matters and e-commerce
Representative Projects and Transactions
- Commercial agreements, including privacy and security matters, for the deployment of telemedicine networks by a publicly traded technology company.
- Strategic advice to major international software company in the healthcare sector regarding products and service designs to accommodate and enable HIPAA and related compliance by customers.
- Training programs for numerous technology, software and healthcare organizations on HIPAA and Gramm-Leach-Bliley matters.
- Privacy and other policies for Internet presence of numerous national and international ventures.
- Readiness analysis and related materials for statewide third party administrator.
- Product and service design advice for multiple multinational medical device companies.
- General counsel to trade associations in the healthcare industry.