The Goulston & Storrs Leasing group is a recognized national leader in leasing transactions and is among the largest in the country. We represent both landlords and tenants in office towers, shopping centers, mixed use projects and major entertainment complexes, including multiplex cinemas. Goulston & Storrs also represents retail tenants in their national “roll-outs” enabling us to develop insights into the lease requirements of retail tenants. We are extensively involved in the lease-up of retail space in major metropolitan airports.
Our landlord and tenant clients have come to rely on us for cutting-edge, pragmatic representation in their leasing transactions. Whether working on a 100,000 square foot lease in an office tower, a build to suit lease for an office or industrial building, a “big-box” lease for a power center, or an in-line store in a super-regional mall or lifestyle center, we have established procedures and processes which provide our clients with sophisticated, experienced and cost-effective representation.
We have a team of highly trained and dedicated paralegals who, with the assistance and supervision of attorneys, assist in the drafting and negotiation of leases when appropriate. We also enjoy contacts with lawyers within every jurisdiction in which we work, thereby enabling us to keep apprised of local and state decisions, laws, regulations and customs.
- Beacon Capital Partners
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Boston Properties
- Equity Office Properties
- Federal Realty Investment Trust
- National Grid
- Partners HealthCare Systems, Inc.
- Shire Human Genetic Therapies, Inc.
Representative Projects and Transactions
- Representation of Federal Realty Investment Trust in connection with creating the complex ownership structure for Assembly Row in Somerville MA. This mixed-use property is made up of multiple parcels and is entitled for up to 2,100 residential units, 1.75 M sq. ft. of commercial space, 512,000 sq. ft. of retail, restaurant and cinema space and a 200 room hotel. In addition, Goulston & Storrs provided counsel in connection with structuring a series of transactions with AvalonBay for AvalonBay to develop the first two parcels. Both will include both ground floor retail space and residential rental units above. This project also included Brownfields redevelopment, a new MBTA rail station, condominium ownership structuring, improvements to state owned parks, REIT tax and other compliance issues and retail leasing.
- Representation of Shire Human Genetic Therapies, Inc. in connection with the negotiation of two space leases, two reverse build-to-suit leases for new facilities, an option agreement giving Shire control of the site and rights of first offer to lease or purchase, the acquisition of a parcel in the park on which Shire constructed a new biotech manufacturing facility, and all related architectural services and construction contracts for the design and construction of such facilities.
- Leasing of major shopping centers, including open-air centers, enclosed malls, lifestyle and power retail centers nationally.
- Represent Citibank with respect to the leasing of multiple retail bank branches, including zoning analysis and permitting.
- National or regional rollouts for J. Crew, J. Jill, kate spade, Swarovski Crystal, Tory Burch, Betsey Johnson, Not Your Average Joe's and Jordan's Furniture.
- Representation of National Grid in the leasing of its national headquarters in Waltham, MA, a LEED Platinum building.
- Leasing for franchisees of multiple Dunkin Donuts, Wendy's and John Harvard’s Brew House locations nationally.
- Leasing for landlords in negotiation of multiple big box leases, including Best Buy, Barnes & Noble, DSW, Linens N Things, Marshalls, Michael’s, Sports Authority and Staples.
- Leasing of Boston, Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia assets of Beacon Capital Partners, Boston Properties and Equity Office Properties.
- Leasing of Boston assets (World Trade Center East, World Trade Center West, 255 State Street) for Pembroke Properties (Fidelity Investments).
- Leasing of the 700,000 sq. ft. retail component of Rockefeller Center for Tishman Speyer.