Alex Dockery is an experienced construction attorney focused on litigation and arbitration of disputes arising out of construction projects and other commercial matters. She also counsels clients in connection with project procurement and contracts negotiation and drafting including design-build, design-bid-build, and public-private partnerships. She also works with clients during the course of the project, assisting with conflict and claim avoidance and mitigation. Alex also has experience in complex tort and commercial litigation.
The clients she most frequently represents include project owners, EPC contractors, general contractors, architects and designers. Government agencies, tech service providers, recreational resort operators and public-private partnerships have also looked to her for assistance.
Through her work, Alex has become familiar with many types of projects, including but not limited to projects involving infrastructure, public transit, wastewater treatment, air travel, power generation, and construction of prisoner rehabilitation facilities.
As an advocate, Alex has appeared in many state and federal forums in Massachusetts and California. She has also appeared in multiple mediation and arbitration forums, including those sponsored by the American Arbitration Association, the International Center for Dispute Resolution, and the International Chamber of Commerce.
Prior to joining Goulston & Storrs, she served for three years as a construction associate in a reputable mid-sized New England firm. In addition, she served as an associate for law firms in the San Francisco Bay area for the first five years of her career.
Alex enjoys cooking (but not baking) and intense games of scrabble. She is constantly on the hunt for the best restaurant and the best beach wherever she may be.
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Massachusetts (2017-2019)
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, California (2015-2016)
- Witkin Award for Academic Excellence, Hastings College of the Law (2011)
- National Moot Court Competition Team, Hasting College of the Law (2009-2011)
- First Year Moot Court, Best Oralist (2009)
- ABA Forum on Construction Law, member
- ICC Young Arbitrators Forum, member
- NAWIC (National Association of Women in Construction), Member
- American Bar Association, member
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law (J.D., 2011)
- George Washington University (B.A., cum laude, 2006)