COVID-19 Vaccination & Testing Mandate: What Employers Need to Know
On November 5, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) filed its long-awaited, Emergency Temporary Standard for employers with 100 or more employees. Among a list of requirements, many of which go into effect on December 6, employers must ensure their workers are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or test for infection at least once a week starting on January 4.
Goulston & Storrs employment attorneys Joshua Davis, Elizabeth Levine, and Sonia Macias Steele led a virtual discussion around key components of the new OSHA vax or test mandate and what employers must be aware of amidst its growing debate and continued legal challenges.
- Timing, preparedness, and implementation.
- Testing, record-keeping, and reporting requirements.
- Medical and religious accommodations for employees.
- Potential consequences for non-compliance.
- Current legal challenges and anticipated next steps.