Key Issues in Design and Construction Contracting and Construction Management
What will I learn?
- Basics of structuring, conducting and managing design and construction projects.
- How to put together effective design and construction RFPs and how to choose appropriate contract forms and pricing methods.
- Key issues in design contracting, including deciding on the proper scope of services and how to deal with budget limitations, provision of value engineering services and establishing an appropriate payment method and schedule.
- Key issues in construction contracting and management, including providing for effective methods of change order management and cost control, protecting against scheduling delays, guarding against inappropriate substitutions, management and completion of punch lists and providing for appropriate conditions of project close-out.
Why should I attend?
- The design and construction of improvements to real estate can be complex matters, especially for those who are not dedicated real estate or construction professionals.
- Our program will review the basics of how to structure, conduct and effectively manage a construction project.
- Our program will also focus on how to anticipate and resolve, in a practical and effective way, the key issues involved in design and construction contracting and construction management.
Goulston & Storrs
1999 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006
For questions please contact: