"New Models of Urban Retail," ULI Boston
New Models of Urban Retail
Start:June 25, 2013 5:00 pm
End:June 25, 2013 8:00 pm
Venue:Goulston & Storrs, 400 Atlantic Avenue, Boston , MA, 02110
As a new generation of city dwellers commit to 24/7 urban living, retail patterns are shifting away from suburban shopping malls, and retailers of all types are reinventing themselves to compete in urban centers. Strategies range from downsizing big boxes, to expanding services at traditional retail outlets, and companies such as Whole Foods, Walgreens, Target, Restoration Hardware, and Wegmans, and have made headlines by expanding offerings and services beyond their traditional models.
An outstanding panel representing the perspective of developers, investors, brokers, retailers and demographics will discuss:
- How do retailers make decisions about which urban neighborhood will be most suitable for their brand?
- How are retailers and restaurants attracting the tech-savvy Generation Y cohort?
- What kinds of services and offerings are this new generation expecting in retail outlets?
- Jonathan Dutch, Partner, Boston Urban Partners
- Maureen McAvey, Bucksbaum Family Chair for Retail, Urban Land Institute
- Smaiyra Million, CEO, Sports Club LA
- Josh Wechter, Director of Acquisitions, Jamestown Properties
- Adam Weiner, Weiner Ventures
- Moderator: Matt Kiefer, Director, Goulston & Storrs