Speaker, "Retirement Benefits: Tools for Estate Planning & Administration," MCLE
This program will provide an in-depth analysis of estate planning and estate and trust administration with retirement benefits, particularly in light of the passage of the SECURE Act.
- Learn about the options for a surviving spouse who receives retirement benefits;
- Hear beneficiary designation and “see-through” trust drafting tips, and the effect of the SECURE Act on planning with retirement benefits;
- Discuss the practical issues that arise when implementing beneficiary designations;
- Get ideas to fix issues that surface after the owner/participant has died; and
- Learn to recognize and avoid traps for the unwary when administering trusts that hold inherited retirement benefits.