Estate planning and planned charitable giving are the principal focus of Thacher Storm’s private client practice. Thacher works closely with individuals and their other professional advisors to navigate the tax and non-tax aspects related to the structuring and management of assets throughout life and the transfer of those assets during life and at death. In addition to advising individuals on implementing their charitable giving goals during life and at death, Thacher represents colleges, universities and other tax-exempt organizations in connection with specific gifts and planned giving matters in general.
Prior to joining Goulston & Storrs, Thacher was most recently Senior Counsel at an Am Law Top 50 U.S. law firm.
- Chambers High Net Worth (Band 1 Firm Ranking), 2017-2020
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Boston University (J.D., cum laude, 1992)
- Trinity College (B.A., with honors, 1984)