Jaclyn Grodin is a commercial litigator with over a decade of experience in the private and public sectors. She represents companies, private equity firms, hedge funds, investment advisers, real estate entities, and individuals in a wide range of business disputes including partnership and investor actions, financial fraud cases, securities-related matters, government investigations, trade secret litigations, and intellectual property controversies.
She excels at understanding clients’ business objectives to develop focused and efficient compliance and litigation strategies that achieve their goals, and brings a thoughtful and purposeful approach to every matter.
Prior to joining Goulston & Storrs, Jaclyn spent more than three years as an Assistant Attorney General in the Investor Protection Bureau of the New York State Office of the Attorney General, where she worked on numerous high-profile investigations, including for violations of New York’s Martin Act by investment advisers, asset managers, and broker-dealers as well as law enforcement’s violation of state and federal constitutional rights. She spent nearly eight years as a commercial litigator in private practice in New York and Boston before joining the NYAG’s office.
Jaclyn is an appointed member of the New York City Bar Association Judiciary Committee, which evaluates candidates for election, reelection, appointment, reappointment, designation, and certification to judicial office in state and federal courts in New York City. She also serves on the Board of Directors of NADAP, Inc., a non-profit organization that provides wellness and workforce development services to underserved New Yorkers.
- Litigation Trailblazer, The National Law Journal, 2022
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2013-2017
- Louis J. Lefkowitz Award (2), New York State Office of the Attorney General (2021)
- Member, Judiciary Committee, New York City Bar Association, 2021-present
- Board of Directors, NADAP, Inc., 2019-present
- New York State Bar Association, Commercial & Federal Litigation Section, 2012-present; Secretary, 2013-2015
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second and Third Circuits
- Boston College Law School (J.D.)
- Kimberly Baker Irvin Award for Exceptional Leadership
- New York University (B.A., magna cum laude)