Jeff Wolfson is a corporate attorney who focuses his work on matters involving stockholder and employee relationships, acquisitions and mergers, financings, succession planning, commercial contracts and general corporate issues.
As a member of both the firm’s Corporate and Employment Law groups, Jeff also counsels clients on corporate restructuring, drafting and negotiating employment and consulting agreements on behalf of both employers and employees, as well as stockholder buy-sell agreements.
He is also experienced in the purchase and sale of aircraft, and the drafting and negotiation of complex transactional legal opinions for major clients of the firm.
Jeff is active in several local and national organizations devoted to the representation of family-owned businesses. He is a past Chairman of the Northeastern University Center for Family Business.
- Best Lawyers in America® (2023): Corporate Law
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Who’s Who in American Law
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer, 2004
- Awarded a Certificate in Family Business Advising with Fellow Status from the international Family Firm Institute in recognition of outstanding achievements and contributions to the field of family business advising.
- Chairman Emeritus, Northeastern University Center for Family Business
- Founding Member and Director, Family Firm Institute, New England Chapter
- Editorial Board, Case Studies Project of the National Family Firm Institute
- Board of Directors of Performers Ensemble, Inc., a non-profit theater organization specializing in public education on the subjects of drug and alcohol abuse.
- Appointed by the Board of Selectmen of the Town of Needham to serve on its Parking Facilities Study Commission.
- Pro Bono work for Boston Homeowners Services Collaborative (an affordable housing lender), Oxfam America, and the Phillips Brooks House Association at Harvard University.
- Tufts University (B.A., summa cum laude, 1976)
- Yale Law School (J.D., 1979)