As the Senior Director of Talent Development, Laura Rees Acosta is charged with crafting and implementing strategies to unlock the full potential of attorneys, professional leaders, staff, and teams, maximizing revenue generation through superior individual and collaborative performance. She is particularly focused on applying behavioral design theory to strengthen organizational talent practices.
Laura’s experience includes more than five years as a manager, director, and managing director of professional development functions for an Am Law 100 firm, where she contributed to enhancement of strategic plan development and execution, strategic initiative implementation, team leadership, committee oversight, thought leadership and external relationship building, and critically important diversity and inclusion practices.
She brings to her role a special sensitivity to the daily demands of law practice, having served as a litigation associate for an international law firm in Houston for a year before moving to Boston, where she worked as a labor and employment associate for an Am Law 100 firm for five years. At the start of her career, Laura also served for two years as a law clerk to Judge Harold R. DeMoss, Jr. of the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
*Laura Rees Acosta is not a practicing attorney.
- University of Houston Law Center
- Editor in Chief, Law Review
- Order of the Barons
- Order of the Coif and Editor in Chief of the University of Houston Law Review
- Recipient of Lon Wilson, Athenian and Masters’ Service Awards at Rice University
- Boston Bar Association Diversity & Inclusion Section, Steering Committee Member (2018-present)
- BUILD Greater Boston, Rising Leaders Board (2017-present)
- Pan Mass Challenge, Heavy Hitter Fundraiser (2010-present)
- Association for Law Firm Diversity Professionals, Board Member (2016-2017)
- Burr School Committee, Board Member (2014-2016)
- Newton Montessori School, Board Member (2012-2014)
- University of Houston Law Center (J.D., magna cum laude, 2005)
- Rice University (B.A., 2001)
- President's Honor Roll