Goulston & Storrs has a number of attorneys currently working on cannabis-related projects. We have worked on a range of growth, cultivation and dispensary facility matters in Massachusetts and in Washington D.C., including:
- Contracting and licensing matters
- Cultivation permits
- Deal structuring
- Department of Public Health (DPH) matters
- Employment issues (including training)
- General representation and outside general counsel services
- Joint ventures
- Negotiating community and hosting agreements, vendor agreements and lease agreements (including lease exits)
- Real estate (development, permitting and transactions)
- Tax matters
As marijuana use is now legal in dozens of states, laws still vary considerably. Is it medicinal use? Recreational? Do federal laws still take precedence? What are employers’ rights to screen for marijuana use? What are employees’ rights in jurisdictions where marijuana use is legal?
Goulston & Storrs’ labor & employment practice provides some guidance through the hazy legal landscape for employers.