Maureen Dwyer is a zoning, permitting and land use lawyer. She counsels clients through the development of new corporate, mixed-use retail, hospitality, institutional and office facilities, as well as residential properties.
Maureen has significant experience in negotiating public-private partnerships. She also has a proven reputation and long-standing history in the growth and development of the Washington community.
Acknowledged by Chambers USA, Maureen is “singled out for her expertise in zoning, commercial real estate and working with government in DC and beyond” and "clients recognize Maureen Dwyer as one of the top zoning attorneys in the city." Sources at Chambers USA add that she is "helpful and business-oriented, a great person and a very good lawyer.... who is good at identifying the issues and developing a strategy to overcome them. She gets the work done very well and on time. She is very effective."
Prior to joining the firm, Maureen served as Managing Partner in the DC office of an Am Law 100 firm.
- Super Lawyers, Washington DC, 2019
- Best Lawyers in America® (2009-2019): Land Use and Zoning, Litigation – Land Use and Zoning, Litigation – Real Estate
- Washingtonian's Top Lawyers in Washington, D.C., 2017
- Bisnow's Power Series Women of Influence in Washington, D.C. Commerical Real Estate, 2017
- Best Lawyers, Washington DC Litigation – Land Use and Zoning Lawyer of the Year, 2017
- "America's Leading Business Lawyers," Chambers USA 2009-2016
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV PreeminentTM
- Martindale HubbellTM Top Rated Lawyer in 'Land Use And Zoning', 2013
- Nominated for Real Estate Lawyer of the Year, Chambers USA ‘Women in Law’ Awards, 2011
- "Stars of the Bar," Biennial List of Washington's Best Lawyers, The Washingtonian, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015
- Bisnow Media, "D.C.'s Power Women in Commercial Real Estate," 2014
- District of Columbia Super Lawyer, 2007 - 2017
- Super Lawyers, Washington DC: The Top 50 Women, 2011
- Top Women Lawyers in the Northeast, Real Estate, Martindale Hubbell, 2011
- Legal 500 US Directory, 2009
- Member & Former President, Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
- Advisory Council, Girl Scout Council of DC
- Member and former Chair of the Advisory Board, Salvation Army
- Past Chair, Eugene and Agnes Meyer Foundation
- Federal City Council
- Greater Washington Board of Trade
- Urban Land Institute
- DC Chamber of Commerce
- DC Building Industry Association (DCBIA)
- Economic Club
- Former Adjunct Professor, American University, Washington College of Law, lectured on both administrative and land use law.
- District of Columbia
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law (J.D., 1978)
- Smith College (B.A., 1973)