Melissa Jacoby assists in the oversight of more than $4.0 billion in trust assets for high net worth individuals and family office clients. Melissa manages the process by which the firm serves in its fiduciary capacities such as trustee or executor, and works collaboratively with attorneys in the Private Client & Trusts Group to implement trust, estate, and financial plans, as well as asset allocation and investment strategies.
During the course of her 20+ year career, Melissa has held senior management and Trust leadership roles in both regional and global financial institutions and law firms. Prior to joining Goulston & Storrs, Melissa served as the Regional Fiduciary Advisor at the U.S. Trust’s Office of Chief Fiduciary. She was also the Chief Operating Officer at a leading wealth management firm in Massachusetts.
Melissa also has an understanding of trusts and estates law, holding a Juris Doctor from Suffolk University with a focus on Tax Law and Estate Planning.
*Melissa Jacoby is not a practicing attorney.
- Chambers High Net Worth (Band 1 Firm Ranking), 2017-2020
- Certified Trust Financial Advisor, American Bankers Association's National Graduate Trust School at Northwestern (2007)
- Member, Outreach Committee, Boston Estate Planning Council (2018 - Present)
- Suffolk University Law School (J.D., 2000)
- Florida State University (B.A., 1997)