Goulston & Storrs Receives Top Chambers USA 2022 Rankings in 11 Categories; Real Estate, Retail, and Leisure & Hospitality Practices Ranked Nationally; 33 Attorneys Recognized
Goulston & Storrs, an Am Law 200 firm, has received top rankings in 11 categories of the 2022 edition of Chambers USA for nine of its practice areas – Banking & Finance, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Environment, Labor & Employment, Leisure & Hospitality, Litigation: General Commercial, Real Estate, Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use, and Retail – including six Band 1 and Band 2 regional rankings and three nationwide rankings in Leisure & Hospitality, Real Estate, and Retail. Chambers also ranked 33 Goulston & Storrs attorneys among the top U.S. attorneys in their respective fields, including 17 who received Band 1 or Band 2 rankings.
In its national rankings, the firm’s Leisure & Hospitality practice was recognized for its “solid hospitality practice with experience working alongside major hotel brands, financial institutions, and investors on a variety of transactional matters and operational issues.” The firm’s Real Estate practice was noted for its “expertise on complex real estate deals” and “advice on the full spectrum of matters including acquisitions, developments, and financings.” The firm’s Retail practice “is highly reputed for its real estate work in the retail sector…for clients including developers, REITs, landlords, and tenants.”
Regional rankings include:
- Banking & Finance (MA) – Goulston & Storrs’s Banking & Finance practice is known for offering “quality advice to insurers, private equity sponsors, and banks on complex capital markets and senior debt transactions.” The firm “understands the market and its players, and is business-savvy, pragmatic, and goals-oriented.”
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring (MA) – The firm’s Bankruptcy/Restructuring practice is recognized for solving “complex restructuring and insolvency matters of all stripes.” The firm has “advanced expertise in corporate reorganization issues and success in representing distressed portfolio firms on behalf of private equity companies.”
- Environment (MA) – Goulston & Storrs’s Environment practice is “distinguished for its niche in the environmental aspects of real estate and well known for its expertise in regulatory matters, brownfield redevelopment, and property transactions.”
- Labor & Employment (MA) – The team is “adept at undertaking a wide range of labor and employment matters, including negotiating employment and separation agreements as well as advising on discrimination and harassment in the workplace.”
- Litigation: General Commercial (MA) – The firm’s litigation group was “recommended for its handling of a broad range of business and commercial disputes” and was “singled out for its deep expertise in professional liability claims, particularly those involving legal industry participants.”
- Real Estate (D.C.) – Goulston & Storrs’s Real Estate group is “a market-leading firm” that is “regularly called upon by regional and national developers and investors to handle big-ticket matters.”
- Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use (MA) – The group is known for its “first-class zoning and land use advice and demonstrates expertise in areas of construction and leasing.”
The firm’s 33 ranked attorneys include: Banking & Finance – Philip Herman, James Lerner, and Pamela Mackenzie; Bankruptcy/Restructuring – Peter Bilowz, Douglas Rosner, and James Wallack; Construction – Rhian Cull; Corporate/M&A – Gene Barton; Environment – Ned Abelson, Kate Heller, and William Seuch; Labor & Employment – Joshua Davis and Carla Reeves; Leisure & Hospitality – Cecilia Gordon, Harold Stahler, and Corey Wilk; Litigation: General Commercial – Martin Fantozzi and Richard Zielinski; Real Estate – Deborah Horwitz, Frank Litwin, John Ratino, Alan Rottenberg, and Wendelin White; Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use – David Avitabile, Darren Baird, Maureen Dwyer, Douglas Husid, Matthew Kiefer, Peter Kochansky, Allison Prince, Christian Regnier, Paul Tummonds, Jr., and Jeff Utz
Additionally, Joshua Davis was ranked in the 2022 edition of Chambers Global for his work in Labor & Employment.
The Chambers Guides have ranked the best law firms and lawyers since 1990, and cover 190 countries across the world. Inclusion in Chambers is based solely on extensive, confidential interviews with thousands of lawyers and clients to identify the leading law firms and lawyers worldwide. Individual lawyers are ranked based on their legal knowledge and experience, ability, effectiveness, and client service. Law firms are ranked on the same qualities, as well as overall effectiveness and capability. Rankings are grouped in bands from 1-6, with 1 being the best.