Goulston & Storrs General Counsel Appointed to Massachusetts State Ethics Commission
Goulston & Storrs is pleased to announce that Thomas J. Sartory has been appointed to the Massachusetts State Ethics Commission. Sartory joined Goulston & Storrs in 1984, and has served as General Counsel for the firm for more than two decades. During his long tenure at Goulston & Storrs, Sartory has served in several leadership roles and earned recognition as one of the nation’s top litigators, listed by Best Lawyers for more than 25 years. Sartory’s other achievements include:
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers
- Currently serving on the Massachusetts Bar Association Committee on Professional Ethics
- Service on the Harvard Medical School Committee on Human Studies, which reviews the ethical appropriateness of studies that rely on human research
- Service as Special Counsel to the Commission of Judicial Conduct
- Service on the American Bar Association Professionalism and Ethics Committee
- Service as a Hearing Officer for the Board of Bar Overseers of the Supreme Judicial Court
- Frequent speaker and writer on professionalism and ethics
- Recognition by several legal ranking and evaluation organizations including Chambers, Best Lawyers and Super Lawyers
Sartory was appointed by Attorney General Maura Healey and will serve a five year term. The commission, which is made up of three appointees by the Governor, one appointee by the Secretary of State and one appointee by the state’s Attorney General, also includes Commission Chair Hon. Barbara A. Dortch-Okara (ret.), William J. Trach, Hon. Regina L. Quinlan (ret.) and Hon. David A. Mills (ret.). Sartory replaces Martin F. Murphy, the last Attorney General-appointed commissioner.
About Goulston & Storrs
Goulston & Storrs is an Am Law 200 law firm, with offices in Boston, New York, Washington, DC and Beijing. With nearly 200 lawyers across multiple disciplines, Goulston & Storrs is a real estate powerhouse with leading-edge corporate, capital markets and finance, trust and estates and litigation practices. Our lawyers employ a proven team approach that values client outcomes over individual recognition. The firm’s dedication to providing prompt, practical legal advice, cost-efficiently and tailored to our clients’ business needs, has resulted in Goulston & Storrs being acknowledged for excellence by Chambers USA, BTI’s A-Team for Client Service, Best Lawyers in America and other leading industry rankings. For more information, visit www.goulstonstorrs.com, follow us on Twitter @goulstonstorrs and LinkedIn, Like us on Facebook, or see us on YouTube.