Rhian is a construction attorney focused on procurement, from basic design, bid or build to the more complex methods and public-private partnerships. Rhian has extensive international experience in the construction industry, having previously practiced in London, Hong Kong, and Southeast Asia. Rhian advises on national and international hospitality, development, energy, water, and transportation projects and is currently advising on cross-border projects as well as projects located throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Rhian advises clients at every stage of a construction project. She provides upfront counsel to clients in the structuring of their procurement as well as drafting Requests for Proposals and bid documentation. She also drafts and negotiates construction, design and consultant contracts tailored to reflect the project specific commercial objectives and the risk tolerances of the individual client. Rhian remains actively involved in every stage of a project and frequently provides real time project advice, including dispute avoidance guidance.
Rhian also specializes in the preparation and analysis of claims and represents clients in the resolution of disputes. She represents clients in resolving construction-related disputes in DRB, mediation, arbitration, and litigation proceedings.
- Fellow, Construction Lawyers Society of America (CLSA)
- Best Lawyers in America® (2022-2024): Litigation - Construction
- Chambers USA, Construction, Massachusetts, 2023 (Band 3)
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2023
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- British American Business Council of New England, Inc.
- Design-Build Institute of America
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Law Society of Hong Kong
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- England & Wales
- Hong Kong
- University of Cambridge (LL.M., 1991)
- University of Essex (LL.B., 1990)