Ronald Nelson is a commercial real estate attorney in the firm’s New York office. Ron drafts and negotiates sophisticated lease agreements for commercial spaces and land parcels. His experience spans many property types, including office, medical, laboratory, industrial, hospitality as well as restaurant, retail, hospitality and shopping center spaces. Ron provides practical commercial leasing advice to senior decision makers that they use to guide their contract negotiations and business strategies.
Ron negotiates and drafts retail, non-retail and ground leases, as well as ancillary real estate documents, including subordination agreements, access easements, and declarations of restrictions. Ron also manages title, survey, environmental, and permitting due diligence. His broad real estate industry experience includes working inside real estate companies as an acquisitions associate and a mixed-use investment sales analyst, where he honed a practical understanding of how to be successful in the real estate investment industry.
Prior to joining Goulston & Storrs, Ron was Of Counsel to a major New York City law firm where he handled real estate leasing for commercial landlords and tenants.
- International Council of Shopping Centers, Member
- New York City Bar Association
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- Northeastern University School of Law (J.D.)
- New York University, Schack Institute of Real Estate (M.S.)
- Real Estate Finance
- Binghamton University State University of New York (B.A.)