Andy Rothstein is a trusts and estates lawyer who focuses on tax-efficient family wealth planning.
He advises real estate owners, developers, investors, and managers as well as individuals who are public and private company executives, business owners, investment fund managers, and owners of investment portfolios. Andy also counsels trustees about their duties, helping them to comply with all legal requirements related to the administration of trusts and estates.
In his work, Andy provides clients with a full understanding of legal and tax rules associated with accumulating, managing, and transferring wealth, helping them to develop legal structures and tax strategies to preserve and grow their wealth over time.
He also serves as a trustee for charitable and non-charitable trusts owning marketable and non-marketable assets, and he has particular experience serving as a trustee of trusts holding direct and indirect interests in real estate.
Andy is a co-Chair in the firm's Private Client & Trust Group.
American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Fellow
- Professional Responsibility Committee, Member
- Practice Committee, Member
- Uniform Trust Decanting Act, Subcommittee Member
- Boston Bar Association
- Trusts & Estates Section, Past Co-Chair
- Trusts & Estates Section, Estate Planning Committee, Past Co-Chair
- Trusts & Estates Section, Continuing Legal Education Committee, Past Co-Chair,
- Trusts & Estates Section, New Developments Committee, Past Co-Chair
- Trusts & Estates Section, Public Policy, Past Co-Chair
- Boston Estate Planning Council, Member
- New York
- U.S. Tax Court
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1998)
- Oberlin College (B.A., 1995)
- Boston University School of Law (LL.M., 2000)