Brian Cohen is a real estate attorney who represents owners, purchasers, investors and lenders in commercial real estate and other asset-based transactions. He also represents landlords and tenants in commercial leasing transactions.
Brian counsels clients in connection with the acquisition, disposition and development of office, retail hotel, and multifamily properties. He also handles all kinds of matters involving: commercial mortgage, mezzanine and construction financing; commercial leasing; joint ventures; preferred equity; loan purchases, sales and restructurings; and secured and unsecured credit facilities and related capital markets transactions.
Prior to joining Goulston & Storrs, Brian was a partner at an Am Law Top 100 U.S. law firm. Brian was also previously the general counsel of Kushner Companies, a diversified real estate owner, manager and developer. There, he also served as general counsel of The New York Observer, a print newspaper and online media outlet.
- Martindale Hubbell Peer-Review Rated AV PreeminentTM
- New York Metro Super Lawyers, 2011 - 2018
- Legal 500, 2014-2015
- UJA-Federation of New York Volunteer Service Award, 2009
- UJA-Federation of New York Lawyer's Division James H. Fogelson Award, 2005
- Member, Real Estate Council, UJA-Federation of New York
- Member, Campaign Steering Committee, UJA-Federation of New York
- Member, Carnegie Hall Real Estate Council
- Member, Advisory Board of the Stoler Report
- Former member, Jewish Community Relations Council of New York
- Sustaining Member, Zell/Lurie Real Estate Center, University of Pennsylvania
- New York
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University (J.D., 1996)
- George Washington University (B.A., 1992)