Chris Habersaat advises clients in a variety of complex litigation matters, representing private and public companies, governmental agencies and individuals before federal and state courts, administrative agencies and arbitration tribunals.
Chris’ practice focuses on the preparation and trial of complex civil cases involving a broad range of business and commercial issues, including matters dealing with business contracts and torts, land use and property related disputes, construction-related disputes, complex insurance coverage disputes and data privacy and cybersecurity matters. Chris also has extensive experience representing companies and individuals in governmental investigations, civil enforcement actions and investigation-related litigation. His clients include commercial property owners and developers, retailers, restaurants and hospitality groups, healthcare providers, as well as individuals.
Admitted in Massachusetts and New York, with 25 years of experience, Chris has served as lead trial counsel in numerous trials in both MA and NY. Chris has been appointed as a Special Assistant Attorney General for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to defend the Commonwealth litigation brought in Massachusetts and New Jersey.
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Community Resources for Justice CEO Award Recipient 2012
- Massachusetts SuperLawyer – Rising Star, 2005
- Zoning Board of Appeals, Boxborough, MA
- Acton Boxborough Youth Soccer, Board of Directors and past President
- Board Member, Friends of Lower Fields
- Boston Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Real Estate Bar Association (REBA)
- New York
- Drew University (B.A., 1988)
- Suffolk University Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1993)