Jack Eiferman is a business and non-profit lawyer. He helps charitable organizations, trade associations, healthcare professionals and other executives with corporate reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory, unrelated business taxable income and corporate governance matters.
Jack represents a broad range of tax-exempt and charitable organizations across the education, health care and trade association industries. He is sought out for his work with major entities with high-stakes issues. Jack served on the Boston Bar Association’s Committee that last revised the nonprofit corporation laws and is actively involved in the current effort to make further revisions. He is also the author of several chapters in the Massachusetts Treatise that covers non-profit corporations.
Jack’s practice also includes advising health care clients on HIPAA matters, fraud and abuse prevention and the applicability of Anti-Kickback laws.
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer, 2004, 2007
- Recipient of 1996 Denis Maguire Award, Boston Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Committee on Non-Profit Corporate Law Revisions
- Tax Exempt Committee, Past Chair
- Germaine Lawrence School, Arlington, MA, Past Chair of the Board of Directors
- Youth Villagers, Memphis, TN, Board Member
- State University of New York at Albany (B.A., magna cum laude, 1972)
- Yale University School of Medicine (M.P.H., 1975)
- Rutgers University (J.D., 1980)