Kate Heller is an environmental lawyer and engineer. She advises developers, owners, tenants, corporations and lenders on a wide range of environmental matters, including those related to contaminated property, indoor environmental pollution, regulatory compliance and green building strategies.
Chambers USA notes that people recognize Kate as a "true asset on complex environmental issues," and a "practical and client-focused attorney" known for her "fantastic technical knowledge."
Kate helps purchasers, prospective tenants, owners and operators of buildings throughout the U.S. in connection with environmental due diligence activities, remediation programs and indoor environmental pollution issues. Her experience extends to issues involving indoor air quality, lead paint and asbestos, operations and maintenance programs. She also advises clients in connection with regulatory compliance matters and enforcement actions.
Prior to joining the firm, Kate worked as a civil/environmental engineer, performing site remediation, construction and assessment services for private and public clients, including large corporations, major utility providers and the US Military.
She also interned with the Office of Regional Counsel at the US Environmental Protection Agency. Kate is a Registered Professional Engineer in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and a LEED Accredited Professional.
- The Lawdragon Green 500: Leaders in Environmental Law, 2023
- Best Lawyers in America® (2023): Environmental Law
- Chambers USA, Environment, Massachusetts, 2019, 2020 (Up-and-Coming), 2021-2022 (Band 3)
- Chambers USA, “America’s Leading Business Lawyers," 2010-2013, 2016-2017
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2013 - 2015
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2009 - 2012
- Banker & Tradesman's 2008 Class of New Leaders
- Board of Directors of the Emerald Necklace Conservancy
- Pro Bono environmental work for non-profit organizations
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Boston Bar Association
- Chi Epsilon Civil Engineering Honor Society
- Cornell University, College of Engineering (B.S., 1999)
- Northeastern University School of Law (J.D., 2007)