Kitt Sawitsky is a business lawyer with extensive corporate and real estate experience in both domestic and cross-border operations and transactions. He represents closely held businesses, handling a wide span of issues including business planning and strategy, ownership, entity and board structuring, governance, incentive plans, debt and equity financings, asset and stock sales, mergers and acquisitions and other issues encountered by entrepreneurs and their businesses.
Over time, succession planning and navigating the complicated relationships between owners and their families have increasingly been at the forefront of Kitt’s practice.
Kitt also handles numerous private equity investments and acquisitions and serves as general counsel to many clients. Throughout his career, he has also been involved in a number of high-profile real estate finance transactions, including workouts and restructurings on behalf of both creditors and debtors.
While advising entrepreneurs on important business issues, Kitt helps clients align their traditional wealth and estate planning objectives with creative family-based structures designed to encourage inter-generational participation and achieve agreed upon enduring family goals.
Kitt served as the firm’s Co-Managing Director for nine years and is also the former Co-Chair of the firm's Corporate Group.
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Best Lawyers in America® (2013-2020): Commercial Litigation, Corporate Law
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer, 2004 - 2014
- Counsel and Member of The Board of Trustees, OXFAM America
- Member of The Board of Trustees, Strategies for Children, Inc.
- Member of the Board of Overseers, New England Aquarium
- Former Chairman of The Board of Directors, STRIVE-Boston Employment Service, Inc.
- Member of The Board of Trustees, Open Learning Exchange
- Boston College Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 1977)
- Princeton University (B.A., cum laude, 1971)