Lee Carter is Co-Chair of the firm's Multifamily Housing Industry Group, with expertise in military housing privatization. She handles matters involving ground leasing, real estate finance, real estate development, joint ventures, acquisitions, dispositions, commercial real estate transactions, military housing privatization and public/private partnerships. Lee also represents private developers in the acquisition, disposition and development of real estate in Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia.
She has represented developers, underwriters and credit enhancers in more than $4B of real estate joint venture transactions between the United States Government and private developers, including a project involving the privatization of more than 40,000 housing units.
- Best Lawyers in America® (2023-2024): Real Estate
- Super Lawyers, Washington DC, 2019
- Washingtonian's Top Lawyers in Washington, D.C., 2017
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Lee has provided pro bono work for “Housing Up,” formerly “Transitional Housing Corporation,” for more than 20 years.
She handles a wide range of real estate transactional services for this nonprofit, including purchase & sales agreements and tax credit financing, all of which helps the homeless find permanent housing.
- District of Columbia
- University of Chicago Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1993)
- Denison University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1989)