Mark Balk is a trusts and estates attorney who handles the full range of estate planning and related personal legal matters, advising on tax and non-tax considerations pertaining to the ownership, management and transfer of wealth.
Mark guides individuals and families through the process of optimum ownership structuring of family assets to minimize taxes and liability exposures while achieving other family objectives, providing for generation-to-generation continuity and the perpetual preservation and growth of family wealth. Mark also works closely with families to develop charitable giving programs and establish and administer substantial charitable foundations.
Mark is actively involved in the administration and investment of trusts and estates and advises non-profit organizations. He is experienced in the provision of family office and financial administration services as well. Mark is particularly knowledgeable about trust investment matters.
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent ™
- Best Lawyers in America® (2006-2019): Trusts and Estates
- Chambers High Net Worth (HNW), 2016-2017
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer, 2004 - 2017
- New York
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Overseer, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Boston Estate Planning Council
- Boston Probate and Estate Planning Forum
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Estate Planning Curriculum Committee
- Northwestern University (B.A., summa cum laude, 1978)
- Harvard Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1981)