Matt Horvitz is a pragmatic and client-centered trial lawyer focused on business protection and employment issues.
He helps clients weather the competitive economy and workplace dynamics that present extensive and often disruptive change.
Matt provides responsive and creative strategies, understands business challenges and guides clients through complicated legal matters.
Clients in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and nationally work with Matt to prevent and resolve disputes arising from:
- Employee hiring, discipline, termination, and severance;
- Harassment and hostile work environment allegations;
- Workplace policies and procedures;
- Defamation and privacy claims;
- Executive employment agreements;
- Misappropriation of trade secrets and confidential information;
- Non-competition, non-solicitation, and confidentiality agreements;
- State and federal wage-and-hour laws and regulations; and
- Architectural and communication barriers under the Americans with Disabilities Act
Matt’s perspective is informed by his broad experience as a business litigator serving clients in the real estate, life sciences, technology, consumer, retail, and hospitality industries.
He has represented businesses, emerging companies, developers, investors, property owners, landlords, tenants, and shareholders in a variety of difficult contract, shareholder, intellectual property, real estate, negligence, and construction disputes.
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2016
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2013 - 2015
- Political Asylum/Immigration Representation (PAIR) Project
- International Refugee Assistance Project (IRAP)
- Boston Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Rhode Island
- Boston College Law School (J.D., 2005)
- Tufts University (B.A., 2001)