Matthew Tosto has significant legal experience dealing with real estate investments and transactions. Clients utilize his professional skills for many types of projects, including acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, development projects and various types of financings.
His work extends to many particular types of legal tasks, such as negotiation and drafting of deals, conducting survey and title reviews, performing due diligence for buyers and financers, advising private lenders in mortgage and mezzanine financings, obtaining development financing and drafting related deal documents.
The clients he represents include both individual and institutional real estate investors, as well as developers and financial institutions involved in real estate projects and transactions.
Prior to his work at Goulston & Storrs, Matthew honed his real estate practice skills at Am Law 50 firms in New York City and Boston. He also developed business skills prior to law school, working for three years as an investment analyst at an international asset management firm, conducting statistical analyses and researching global markets, industries, securities, mutual funds, and investment strategies.
Matthew enjoys running and spending time with his wife, son and two dogs.
- Best Lawyers in America® Ones to Watch, 2024, Real Estate
- George Dewey Nelson Memorial Award for highest GPA in common law subjects, Tulane University Law School
- CALI Awards in Antitrust (Fall 2013) and Initial Public Offerings (Spring 2014), Tulane University Law School
- Trial Advocacy Honors, Tulane University Law School (Fall 2013)
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- The Sports Lawyers Journal, Managing Editor, Tulane University Law School (2013 – 2014)
- New York
- Tulane University (J.D., cum laude, 2014)
- Tufts University (B.A., 2008)