Michael Hickey is a corporate and transactional attorney who counsels public and privately-held companies in several industries, including the software, life science, and e-commerce industries.
He represents clients in financing, corporate, securities and tax law matters. He also advises Boards of Directors, corporate officers, venture funds, family businesses, personal trusts and individual investors on a range of legal and business issues.
Working with both mature and emerging-growth clients, Michael has extensive experience in private placements and public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and technology and software licensing. He also advises clients regarding corporate governance, securities law issues, compensation and regulatory issues.
Michael brings a unique global business perspective to his practice, grounded in his audit and tax experience as a CPA with one of the largest international public accounting firms and in his experience working in the finance and compliance areas for an international technology company. He also spent a portion of his life living and working in Europe prior to earning his law degree.
Michael continues to hold his license as a Certified Public Accountant in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Former Board Member, Treasurer and Executive Committee Member, MassMEDIC
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- University of Notre Dame (B.B.A., with honors, 1980)
- Boston College Law School (J.D., 1988)