Nicholas Cutaia is an experienced commercial litigator who helps clients navigate difficult and high-stakes matters involving a wide range of issues.
Nick’s clients include public companies, investment banks, private equity firms and their portfolio companies, law firms, media, and real estate companies, investment advisors, officers, directors, and high-net-worth individuals. He also represents entities and individuals in government investigations by federal and state authorities (e.g., SEC and DOJ).
Nick focuses his practice on fraud claims and other business torts, private entity breakups, partnership and investor disputes, M&A litigation, and securities-related matters. He has significant expertise representing clients in matters involving complex structures and financial instruments (e.g., RMBS, CDOs), including sponsors, issuers, bondholders, and loan servicers.
In addition to his commercial litigation practice, Nick represents major law firms and their lawyers in legal malpractice cases, partnership disputes, and other matters. Nick is the co-chair of the Firm’s Professional Liability Group and a member of the New York City Bar Association’s Professional Responsibility Committee.
Early in his career, Nick served as a law clerk to the Honorable William H. Pauley III, United States District Judge in the Southern District of New York.
- Super Lawyers “Rising Star”, 2015-2018
- New York City Bar Association
- Member, Committee on Professional Responsibility, New York City Bar Association
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- St. John's University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2007)
- Tufts University (B.A., 2000)