Nicholas Cutaia is a litigator who helps resolve complex disputes in the financial services, securities, legal, and real estate industries.
Nick counsels a wide range of clients, including public companies, investment banks, law firms, private equity firms, shareholders, wealth managers, real estate companies, officers and directors. He also advises clients with respect to government investigations by federal and state authorities (e.g., SEC and DOJ).
Nick focuses his practice on disputes in the financial services industry, including securities-related matters, breach of contract claims, fraud and business torts, and private entity breakups. He has significant expertise handling litigation involving mortgage-backed securities, collateralized debt obligations and other complex financial instruments, and represents the range of actors in this space, including sponsors, issuers, bondholders, loan servicers, ratings analysts, and mortgage originators.
Further, Nick regularly represents law firms and their lawyers in resolving partnership disputes, professional liability issues, and other claims commonly asserted against those clients.
Prior to joining Goulston & Storrs, Nick was a partner at a top litigation boutique in New York. He also served as a law clerk to the Honorable William H. Pauley III, United States District Judge in the Southern District of New York
- Super Lawyers “Rising Star”, 2015-2018
- New York City Bar Association
- Member, Committee on Professional Responsibility, New York City Bar Association
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- St. John's University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2007)
- Tufts University (B.A., 2000)