Nicholas Cutaia is the co-chair of the firm’s Litigation Group and its law firm defense practice. He handles a broad range of corporate, commercial and securities litigation in federal and state courts and arbitration. He also defends law firms in high-stakes professional liability matters.
Nick’s clients include public companies, private equity firms, media and real estate organizations, Am Law 100 and 200 law firms, officers, directors, and high-net-worth individuals.
Nick’s commercial litigation practice focuses on business torts, M&A litigation, partnership and investor disputes, and securities-related matters, including class action defense. He has significant expertise handling matters involving complex structures and financial instruments, including securitizations, joint ventures, and equity and debt investments.
In his professional liability practice, Nick defends top law firms in legal malpractice actions, partnership disputes, and other matters. His broad-based experience representing clients in high-stakes commercial matters has made him adept at understanding the complexities of legal negligence in numerous transactional and other practice areas.
Early in his career, Nick served as a law clerk to the Honorable William H. Pauley III, United States District Judge in the Southern District of New York.
- Lawdragon, Leading 500 Litigators in America, 2024
- New York City Bar Association
- Member, Committee on Professional Responsibility, New York City Bar Association
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- St. John's University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2007)
- Tufts University (B.A., 2000)