Paul Tummonds is a real estate lawyer who handles a range of land use, complex zoning and historic preservation projects in the District of Columbia. Paul represents real estate developers of residential, mixed-use, commercial and educational properties. Paul frequently presents complex matters before authorities including the DC Zoning Commission, the DC Board of Zoning Adjustment, the DC Historic Preservation Review Board, the National Capitol Planning Commission and the DC City Council. He is often recognized for his involvement in real estate projects which have helped create vibrant, safe communities offering pleasant places to work and live.
Paul is a co-Chair of the firm's Medical, Educational and Cultural Institutions Industry Group.
- “America’s Leading Business Lawyers," Chambers USA
- Best Lawyers in America® (2015-2019): Land Use and Zoning, Real Estate
- Named “Best Zoning Attorney in the Washington Region,” Washington Business Journal, 2008
- District of Columbia Building Industry Association (DCBIA)
- Vice President, Board of Directors
- Executive Committee
- Co-Chair, Public Policy and Regulation Committee
- Miriam's Kitchen, Board of Directors
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland Bar Association
- District of Columbia
- University of Michigan (B.A., 1992)
- Wayne State University Law School (J.D., 1995)