Paul Tummonds is a real estate lawyer who handles a range of land use, complex zoning and historic preservation projects in the District of Columbia. Paul represents real estate developers of residential, mixed-use, commercial and educational properties. Paul frequently presents complex matters before authorities including the DC Zoning Commission, the DC Board of Zoning Adjustment, the DC Historic Preservation Review Board, the National Capitol Planning Commission and the DC City Council.
Chambers USA recognizes Paul as a practitioner who is “measured, smart and thoughtful.” Further, he is often regarded for his involvement in real estate projects which have helped create vibrant, safe communities offering pleasant places to work and live.
Paul serves as Administrative Head of the firm's DC Office and is a member of the firm's Executive Committee.
- Chambers USA, Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use, District of Columbia, 2019-2022 (Band 2)
- “America’s Leading Business Lawyers," Chambers USA
- Best Lawyers in America® "Real Estate Lawyer of the Year" (2023)
- Best Lawyers in America® (2015-2023): Land Use and Zoning, Real Estate
- Named “Best Zoning Attorney in the Washington Region,” Washington Business Journal, 2008
- District of Columbia Building Industry Association (DCBIA)
- Executive Committee Member
- Federal City Council
- Miriam's Kitchen, Board of Directors
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland Bar Association
- District of Columbia
- University of Michigan (B.A., 1992)
- Wayne State University Law School (J.D., 1995)