Phil Herman is a corporate lawyer with a practice emphasis on bank financing transactions. He handles leveraged buyouts and recaps, secured and unsecured syndicated and bilateral facilities, and asset-based and cash flow transactions, as well as the buying and selling of significant loan portfolios.
With over 25 years of experience working with some of the largest lenders in the country, Phil is a central part of the firm’s commercial lending practice.
He spends significant time in the firm's Boston and New York offices so that he may provide the best possible service to clients in both cities.
Phil is singled out by Chambers USA as “a fine finance lawyer, with excellent communication skills, who is extremely creative and constructive in his delivery. Chambers USA also comments that he is "a leader of the commercial lending bar," and Chambers sources add that he "is dedicated to creating a partnership with you" and "transfers peace of mind and total confidence that he will protect your interests."
Phil is Cuban American and fluent in Spanish.
- Chambers Global Guide, Banking & Finance, Massachusetts, 2019
- Development Committee Member, Make-a-Wish Foundation
- Association of Commercial Finance Attorneys, Inc.
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Turnaround Management Association
- International Section, American Bar Association
- New York
- Williams College (B.A., magna cum laude, 1979)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Northeastern University School of Law (J.D., 1984)