Hara Perkins has helped to structure some of the more significant neighborhood-transforming real estate transactions in New York City in recent years, including Essex Crossing (on the public side) and Cornell Tech’s Roosevelt Island Campus (on the private side). Her consensus-building approach delivers long-term value to her clients, as many transactions involve lasting relationships through joint ventures, ground leases or condominium regimes.
Hara is recognized nationally as an expert in housing and economic development. She has negotiated low income affordable housing tax credit transactions valued at more than $1 billion for clients who are developers and investors.
She also co-chairs the firm’s Multifamily Housing Industry group and speaks regularly on trends and changes in the industry.
Prior to joining the firm, Hara clerked for the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
- Crain's Leading Women Laywers in New York City, 2018
- City & State New York's Top 30 Remarkable Women, 2018
- Martindale Hubbell Peer-Review Rated AV® Preeminent™
- New York Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2014
- Wells Fargo “Who’s Next” Scholarship for Urban Land Institute Young Leaders, 2012
- Kaufman Public Service Fellowship, 2003
- Civic Consulting USA, Secretary
- Yale Alumni Real Estate Association, Co-Chair
- Urban Land Institute, Public Private Partnership Product Council Member and formerly Management Committee Member of ULI NY
- Kokushi Budo Institute, Shidoin
- New York
- District of Columbia
- Yale University (B.A., cum laude, 2000)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Harvard Law School (J.D., 2003)