Hara Perkins has structured city-transforming real estate transactions, including NYC's Essex Crossing (on the public side) and Cornell Tech’s Roosevelt Island Campus (on the private side). Her consensus-building approach delivers long-term value to her clients and involves lasting relationships through joint ventures, ground leases or condominium regimes.
Hara is recognized as an expert in affordable housing and economic development. She has negotiated $10 billion in low income housing tax credit transactions for developers and investors. She also co-chairs the firm’s Multifamily Housing Industry group and speaks regularly on industry trends.
An award-winning attorney, Hara has served on numerous boards and in pro bono roles, including as outside general counsel for Civic Consulting USA (a social impact consultancy). She was named one of NY's Top 30 Remarkable Women and Crain's Leading Women Lawyers.
Prior to joining the firm, Hara clerked for the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
- Crain's Leading Women Lawyers in New York City, 2018, 2019
- City & State New York's Top 30 Remarkable Women, 2018
- Martindale Hubbell Peer-Review Rated AV® Preeminent™
- New York Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2014
- Wells Fargo “Who’s Next” Scholarship for Urban Land Institute Young Leaders, 2012
- Kaufman Public Service Fellowship, 2003
- Civic Consulting USA, Secretary
- Yale Alumni Real Estate Association, Co-Chair
- Urban Land Institute, Public Private Partnership Product Council Member and formerly Management Committee Member of ULI NY
- Kokushi Budo Institute, Shidoin
- New York
- District of Columbia
- Yale University (B.A., cum laude, 2000)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Harvard Law School (J.D., 2003)