Real estate development, public and private finance, statutory, regulatory and financing issues in the transportation field, and legislation are at the core of Doug Husid's expansive practice. Doug has developed a recognized expertise in development and permitting of large-scale projects.
Doug is a former Co-Managing Director of Goulston & Storrs and served in that capacity for 18 years. He has practiced law in both the public and private sectors, and has developed far-ranging expertise as a result. As noted in Chambers USA, Doug "has tremendous substantive knowledge and sophisticated understanding of the industry. He's extremely practical and takes a businesslike, hands-on approach.”
Before joining Goulston & Storrs, Doug served for four years as Chief of Staff for the Massachusetts Executive Office of Transportation and Construction (EOTC), where he supervised and coordinated the agency’s legal, policy and administrative staff and oversaw its environmental, legislative and regulatory activities.
- Chambers USA, Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use, Massachusetts, 2019-2020 (Band 3); 2021-2023 (Senior Statespeople)
- Who's Who Legal, Global Leader, Real Estate, 2022
- Best Lawyers in America® (2008-2024): Land Use and Zoning Law, Litigation – Land Use and Zoning, Real Estate Law
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2005 - 2016, 2019-2021
- “America’s Leading Business Lawyers,” Chambers USA 2005-2016
- Board Member, Massachusetts Port Authority
- Board Member, CERES
- Chair of the Board, Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy
- New York
- District of Columbia
- Washington University in St. Louis (B.A., 1973)
- Boston University School of Law (J.D., 1976)