Jennifer Mikels is an experienced trial lawyer representing clients in high stakes legal malpractice matters, complex commercial disputes, and fiduciary-related litigation. She has tried numerous cases to verdict in federal and state court as well as private arbitration.
Jen is particularly known for her experience defending the country’s largest law firms and their lawyers against claims asserted by former clients or aggrieved partners. She also advises clients concerning alleged violations of the Rules of Professional Conduct and other disciplinary matters.
Jen’s broad-based commercial and fiduciary litigation experience includes representing private individuals, closely held entities, trustees, partnerships, LLCs, private equity portfolio companies, and other clients in contract, fraud, probate, and fiduciary duty disputes.
Before entering private practice, Jen served as a Law Fellow to the Justices of the Massachusetts Superior Court. In this role, Jen assisted the justices of the Superior Court in all phases of civil litigation.
- Best Lawyers in America® Ones to Watch: Commercial Litigation
- Excellence In the Law - Up & Coming Lawyer, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, 2021
- Boston Bar Association, Insurance and Torts Litigation Section, Member
- Boston Bar Foundation
- Junior Fellows Society, Member
- Junior Fellows Society Steering Committee, Former Co-Chair
- Young Lawyers Advisory Committee, Former Member
- MCLE, Civil Litigation Curriculum Advisory Committee, Member
- Harvard Law School Trial Advocacy Workshop, Faculty
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Member
- Women’s Bar Association, Member
- Rhode Island
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Boston University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2011)
- University of Rochester (B.A., cum laude, 2008)