Jennifer Mikels is an experienced civil trial lawyer who handles a wide range of complex commercial disputes involving business torts, breaches of fiduciary duty, and partnership and intra-enterprise disputes. She is also known for her specific expertise in defending regional, national, and global law firms in high-stakes legal malpractice and professional liability matters.
Jen’s practice includes guiding C-suite executives, owners, high net worth individuals, and general counsel from diverse industries through complicated legal processes.
In her professional liability practice, Jen defends prominent law firms against legal malpractice claims arising from their prior work in the fields of complex litigation, corporate, tax, and estate planning, among others. She also has experience defending lawyers alleged to have violated the Rules of Professional Conduct and in other professional disciplinary matters.
Jen has tried numerous cases to verdict in state and federal courts as well as private arbitration. She has also successfully obtained many pre-trial judgments for clients and guided clients through complicated pre-trial mediations and other settlement efforts.
Prior to joining Goulston & Storrs, Jen was an associate in a prominent Am Law 100 firm. She also served as a Law Fellow to the Justices of the Massachusetts Superior Court.
- Best Lawyers in America® Ones to Watch (2021-2022): Commercial Litigation
- Excellence In the Law - Up & Coming Lawyer, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, 2021
- Boston Bar Foundation
- Junior Fellows Society, Member
- Junior Fellows Society Steering Committee, Former Co-Chair
- Young Lawyers Advisory Committee, Former Member
- Boston Bar Association, Member
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Member
- Women’s Bar Association, Member
- Rhode Island
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Boston University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2011)
- University of Rochester (B.A., cum laude, 2008)