John Ratino is a real estate and real estate finance lawyer who works with lenders, developers, joint ventures, REITS, and other hotel and commercial property owners. He has particular expertise in the hospitality industry and is a Co-Chair of the firm's Hospitality & Recreation Industry Group.
John counsels clients in connection with financings, restructurings and workouts, real estate capital markets, REITs, joint ventures, development projects, acquisitions and dispositions, in addition to traditional real estate transactions.
Chambers USA recognizes John as "very experienced, business-minded, responsive and resourceful." Chambers adds that "John is always thinking a couple of steps ahead" and has “excellent judgement and handles complicated transactions very smoothly.”
John is a fellow in the American College of Real Estate Lawyers. His experience also includes six years of adjunct teaching commercial real estate financing courses at Georgetown University Law Center and participating as an instructor in American University's Washington College of Law's Hospitality and Tourism Law Summer Program.
- Chambers USA, Real Estate, District of Columbia, 2018 - 2022 (Band 3)
- Super Lawyers, Washington DC, 2013-2017, 2019 - 2020
- Best Lawyers in America® (2015-2022): Leisure and Hospitality, Real Estate
- Washingtonian's Top Lawyers in Washington, D.C., 2017
- "America's Leading Business Lawyers," Chambers USA 2011-2016
- "Stars of the Bar," Biennial List of Washington's Best Lawyers, The Washingtonian, 2015
- Martindale Hubbell, Peer-Review Rated AV Preeminent®
- Top Rated Lawyer in Banking and Finance Law, 2013
- Best Lawyers in America, 2015-2017
- Fellow, American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland Bar Association
- District of Columbia
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law (J.D., 1984)
- University of Maryland (B.S., 1978)