John is a real estate lawyer who handles a broad range of development projects, including office, multi-family and hotels properties.
He works with developers, joint ventures, REITS, hotel and other commercial property owners.
John counsels clients in connection with real estate capital markets, investment trusts, joint ventures, financings, development, acquisitions and dispositions, restructurings and workouts, in addition to traditional business transactions.
Chambers USA recognizes John as "very experienced, business-minded, responsive and resourceful." Chambers adds that "John is always thinking a couple of steps ahead" and has “excellent judgement and handles complicated transactions very smoothly.”
John's experience includes six years of adjunct teaching commercial real estate financing courses at Georgetown University Law Center. He also is an instructor at American University's Washington College of Law's Hospitality and Tourism Law Summer Program and is a Co-Chair of the firm's Hospitality & Recreation Industry Group.
- Chambers USA, Real Estate, District of Columbia, 2019 (Band 3)
- Super Lawyers, Washington DC, 2013-2017, 2019
- Best Lawyers in America® (2015-2019): Leisure and Hospitality, Real Estate
- Washingtonian's Top Lawyers in Washington, D.C., 2017
- "America's Leading Business Lawyers," Chambers USA 2011-2016
- "Stars of the Bar," Biennial List of Washington's Best Lawyers, The Washingtonian, 2015
- Martindale Hubbell, Peer-Review Rated AV Preeminent®
- Top Rated Lawyer in Banking and Finance Law, 2013
- Best Lawyers in America, 2015-2017
- Fellow, American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland Bar Association
- District of Columbia
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law (J.D., 1984)
- University of Maryland (B.S., 1978)