Jonathan Pearlson is an environmental lawyer. He represents public and privately-held corporations, private equity firms, real estate owners and developers, REITs, lenders, tenants, and educational and healthcare institutions.
Jonathan has extensive experience with environmental due diligence, compliance and auditing, Brownfields matters (acquisition, redevelopment, and disposition), enforcement actions, environmental risk management, PRP counseling (information request responses, PRP representation, and Superfund litigation), and asbestos and mold management, remediation and claims handling.
He often helps clients to prevent problems, and resolves issues that may have gotten away from them. In addition to being a leading lawyer, he is a savvy business person who blends legal experience with business acumen to tackle environmental matters in a practical, sensible way.
Having presented before many administrative agencies, such as the EPA and DEP, Jonathan has built deep credibility with a wide range of federal and state governmental agencies.
Chambers USA remarks that "Jonathan is a driving force behind policy in environmental insurance." Their resources comment that "Jonathan's work is fantastic, covering every base." As a significant portion of his practice, Jonathan reviews, negotiates and assists clients with the placement of environmental insurance policies, and successfully pursues claims on their behalf.
- The Lawdragon Green 500: Leaders in Environmental Law, 2023
- “America’s Leading Business Lawyers," Chambers USA
- Best Lawyers in America® (2008-2023): Environmental Law, Litigation – Environmental
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2004 - 2016, 2019-2021
- Member, International Society of Hospitality Consultants
- Tufts University (B.A., 1989)
- Northeastern University School of Law (J.D., 1993)