Josh Davis is an employment lawyer and litigator with more than two decades of experience in complicated employment matters. He provides advice to companies, their leaders, and Boards of Directors as they face the day-to-day challenges of workforce management and development, and acts as lead counsel in a wide range of business disputes. His practice includes counseling, litigation, and investigations.
His clients include public and private companies, colleges and universities, hospitals, law firms, media companies, automobile dealerships, financial services firms, pharmaceutical companies, non-profit entities, and golf clubs.
Josh is recognized as a leader in the field by Chambers (Global and USA guides), Benchmark, Best Lawyers, and others. In the most recent edition, Chambers USA notes that “Josh has an impressive command of substantive employment law and a knack for placing the individual situation at hand into the big picture.” In prior editions, they observe that "besides being a brilliant lawyer, Josh has a very down-to-earth personality that allows him to communicate effectively with all employees, from senior management to part-time hourly employees."
In addition to his practice, he is a member of the Board of the American Employment Law Council – an invitation-only organization of high-level labor and employment attorneys. He is also a Fellow of the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, and teaches the Employment Discrimination course at Northeastern University School of Law.
Immediately after law school, Josh served as law clerk to the Hon. Stephanie K. Seymour of the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
- Chambers USA, Labor & Employment, Massachusetts (Band 1)
- Chambers Global Guide, Labor & Employment, USA (Band 3)
- Best Lawyers in America® (2008-2022): Employment Law – Management, Labor Law - Management
- Order of the Coif
- National Champion, American Parliamentary Debate Association, 1987
- Hinton Cup (Moot Court Champion), University of Chicago Law School, 1991
- Fellow, College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- Board Member, the American Employment Law Council
- Massachusetts and Boston Bar Associations
- Strafford Employment Law Advisory Board
- New York
- University of Chicago Law School (J.D., 1991)
- with honors
- Swarthmore College (B.A., 1987)
- with high honors