Josh Davis is an employment lawyer and litigator. He provides counsel to companies and their boards facing difficult human challenges and acts as lead counsel in a wide range of business disputes.
His clients include public and private companies, hospitals, law firms, media companies, automobile dealerships, financial services firms, pharmaceutical companies, non-profit entities, golf clubs, and individuals.
Chambers USA has pointed out that "besides being a brilliant lawyer, Josh has a very down-to-earth personality that allows him to communicate effectively with all ... employees, from senior management to part-time hourly employees." They specifically recognize his expertise in litigation and employment advice.
Josh has more than two decades of experience in complicated sex harassment matters. He provides advice to companies, their leaders and Boards of Directors, as they face the challenges of the current environment. This work includes investigations, cultural assessment, and training.
His legal experience and communication skills allow him to provide advice that reflects a client’s corporate culture and to appropriately assess a matter’s significance. He provides practical guidance and meaningful strategic direction to clients facing employment-related challenges.
- Chambers USA, Labor & Employment, USA, 2019 (Band 3)
- Chambers USA, Labor & Employment, Massachusetts, 2019 (Band 1)
- Chambers Global Guide, Labour & Employment
- Best Lawyers in America® (2008-2020): Employment Law – Management, Labor Law - Management
- "America's Leading Business Lawyers," Chambers USA
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2006-2018
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2005
- Order of the Coif
- National Champion, American Parliamentary Debate Association, 1987
- Hinton Cup (Moot Court Champion), University of Chicago Law School, 1991
- Fellow, College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- American Employment Law Council
- Massachusetts and Boston Bar Associations
- Strafford Employment Law Advisory Board
- New York
- University of Chicago Law School (J.D., 1991)
- with honors
- Swarthmore College (B.A., 1987)
- with high honors