Josh Davis is an employment lawyer and litigator. He provides counsel to companies facing difficult human challenges and acts as lead counsel in a wide range of business disputes.
His clients include hospitals, law firms, media companies, automobile dealerships, financial services firms, pharmaceutical companies, non-profit entities, golf clubs, and individuals.
Chambers USA has pointed out that "besides being a brilliant lawyer, Josh has a very down-to-earth personality that allows him to communicate effectively with all ... employees, from senior management to part-time hourly employees." They specifically recognize his employment litigation skills and employment-related advice.
Josh also has broad experience with appellate matters in the state and federal courts across a wide variety of subject matters.
He has the ability to resolve all kinds of employment law challenges that arise when people make questionable behavioral choices while at work. He is strong at uncovering the factual and legal intricacies of a situation, understanding the goals of the employer organization, and reconciling the law, the facts and the objectives of the parties.
- Chambers Global Guide, Best Lawyers in America
- Best Lawyers in America® (2008-2019): Employment Law – Management, Labor Law - Management
- "America's Leading Business Lawyers," Chambers USA
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2006-2016
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2005
- Order of the Coif
- National Champion, American Parliamentary Debate Association, 1987
- American Employment Law Council
- Massachusetts and Boston Bar Associations
- Strafford Employment Law Advisory Board
- New York
- Swarthmore College (B.A., 1987)
- with high honors
- University of Chicago Law School (J.D., 1991)
- with honors