Kevin O’Flaherty is a trial lawyer with significant experience in land use matters and real estate litigation in general. He has also represented clients in commercial disputes, shareholder litigation, securities litigation, and bankruptcy proceedings, as well as fiduciary, trust and probate controversies.
He represents real estate developers, public agencies and entities, and commercial corporations, as well as educational, medical and cultural institutions. Kevin also represents individuals, including owners, investors, executives and managers.
Kevin is an experienced trial lawyer who has tried more than 25 cases to judgment. He has also defended the judgments he has won before state and federal appeals courts in Massachusetts and other jurisdictions.
Chambers USA recognizes Kevin as “very good to work with in litigation. He can be tough but can also use humor and humility to his advantage in court interactions." Kevin is a founding member of the firm's retail blog, the Retail Law Advisor.
- “America’s Leading Business Lawyers," Chambers USA
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2006 - 2016, 2019
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Martindale HubbellTM Top Rated Lawyer in "Land Use And Zoning," 2013
- Board of Directors, Caritas Communities, Inc. (current)
- District of Columbia
- Saint Louis University (A.B., summa cum laude, 1976)
- Harvard Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1992)