Michelle Porter focuses her practice on all aspects of sophisticated estate planning for high net worth individuals and families. Her clients include business owners and executives, partners in private equity funds, real estate owners and developers, trustees, personal representatives, and estate and trust beneficiaries.
Michelle handles a broad range of estate and tax planning, trust and estate administration, business planning and charitable giving matters. She serves as a trusted advisor to her clients and makes it a priority to work collaboratively with other professional service providers retained by her clients, including accountants and investment advisors.
She also dedicates her time to serving as trustee for private trusts, is often actively involved in the investment of trust assets, and frequently provides family office and financial administration services.
Michelle is a co-Chair in the firm's Private Client & Trust Group.
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers "Rising Stars," 2006-2012
- Chambers High Net Worth (Band 1 Firm Ranking), 2017-2020
- Boston Estate Planning Council, Member
- Boston Bar Association, Trusts & Estates New Developments Committee, Member and former co-Chair
- Boston Family Office Providers Group, Member
- Clients' Security Board, Supreme Judicial Court, Former Chair
- Greater Boston Fiduciary Law American Inn of Court, Member
- One Love Foundation, Regional Leadership Council
- Special Olympics of Massachusetts, Board Member
- College of the Holy Cross (B.A., 1994)
- Notre Dame Law School (J.D., 1997)