Peter Corbett is a real estate attorney focusing on the development, acquisition, leasing and disposition of commercial real estate, including hospitality properties and other large projects throughout the United States. He counsels clients in connection with the structuring of complex real estate joint ventures, as well as the management of real property and related assets. His practice includes: structuring public and private development relationships; obtaining tax incentives and public financing for development projects; and legal work related to projects in the energy and hospitality sectors. Peter also has extensive experience in the transportation field, and in the acquisition and development of projects along the coastline, including resorts, marinas, yacht clubs and boatyards.
He often helps public-private partnerships to develop projects across the country that are adaptive and resilient with regard to climate change.
- Best Lawyers in America® (2023): Real Estate Law
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer, 2004 - 2005, 2008 - 2013, 2016, 2019-2020
- Martindale Hubbell Peer-Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Urban Land Institute -- Full Member; Real Estate and Technology Council, Boston District
- NAIOP -- Public Affairs Committee Member
- Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce -- Energy & Sustainability Leadership Council
- Pro Bono work for Codman Square Neighborhood Development Corporation, Jewish Funds for Justice, Boston Area Rape Crisis Center, ROCA, Massachusetts Housing and Shelter Alliance, ACLU Foundation of Massachusetts, Nuestra Communidad and Community Resources for Justice
- Boston Bar Association
- Brandeis University (B.A., 1973)
- Universittaet Tuebingen, Germany (Fulbright Fellow, 1981)
- Boston University (Ph.D., 1984)
- Harvard Law School (J.D., 1990)