Richard Rosensweig is a litigator who counsels clients in connection with corporate and business litigation, attorney malpractice defense, and securities.
He represents a variety of corporate clients and law firms before federal and state courts, arbitration panels, the Securities and Exchange Commission and other securities-related organizations.
Richard also advises directors, companies, financial services firms, investment advisers, and insurers in connection with regulatory inquiries, reporting requirements, and insider trading. He is an approved FINRA Dispute Resolution Arbitrator and is fluent in French.
As a leader at the firm, Richard sits on the firm's Executive Committee and serves as the firm's General Counsel.
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Richard has served on the Boards of a variety of legal and community organizations, including: Boston Bar Association, Securities Litigation Committee Co-Chair; Meritas, Board of Directors; Boston Children's Hospital, Board of Overseers; Boston Public Library Foundation, Board of Directors; Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers, Hearing Committee; Raising a Reader Massachusetts, Board of Trustees; and Boston Symphony Orchestra, Business Partners Committee
- FINRA Dispute Resolution Arbitrator
- American Bar Association (Business law Section; Center for Professional Responsibility)
- General Counsel Roundtable (mid-sized firms)
- Quebec (non-active)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- McGill University (B.A., with great distinction, 1987)
- McGill University (LL.B., with honors, 1991)
- Top Ten
- McGill University (B.C.L., with honors, 1991)
- Top Ten