Carla Reeves is an employment lawyer and litigator who advises employers of all sizes and varieties on legal matters stemming from the employment relationship. Carla’s practice covers everything from practical day-to-day advice to the defense of clients should disputes arise.
In her counseling practice, Carla advises clients on matters including recruitment and hiring, employment and severance agreements, workplace policies, performance management, requests for accommodation, separations, workplace misconduct, and strategies for promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. She also develops and conducts trainings on strategies for interrupting unconscious bias, and prevention of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
As a litigator, Carla represents clients before state and federal courts, and administrative agencies in cases involving claims of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and other anti-discrimination laws; and disputes arising out of employment and separation agreements, including non-compete and non-solicitation agreements. Carla also handles general business litigation matters, and represents clients in arbitrations, conciliations, and mediations.
As a trained investigator, Carla has experience with conducting, coordinating, and advising clients in connection with sensitive workplace investigations. She has completed MCAD-certified courses on conducting internal investigations of discrimination complaints and preventing workplace discrimination and harassment.
In addition to her employment practice, Carla advises and represents clients in government investigations and enforcement actions. Her experience includes matters involving the United States Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the United States Environmental Protection Agency, the United States Department of Justice, and State Attorney General offices.
- Lawdragon 500: Top U.S. Corporate Employment Lawyers 2022
- Chambers USA, Labor & Employment, Massachusetts, 2020-2022 (Associate to Watch)
- Best Lawyers in America® Ones to Watch (2021-2023): Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Boston Magazine Top Lawyers, Employment, 2021
- Employment Law Trailblazer, The National Law Journal, 2021
- Excellence In the Law - Up & Coming Lawyer, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, 2021
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2015-2022
- Denis Maguire Pro Bono Award, Volunteer Lawyers Project of the Boston Bar Association, 2018
- Pro Bono Award, Lawyers for Civil Rights, 2019
- Boston Bar Association
- Advisory Committee Member, Women of Color Attorneys Leadership Forum (2022-Present)
- Co-Chair, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Section (2021-2023)
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (2020 Fellow)
- Massachusetts Black Lawyers Association
- Women’s Bar Association of Massachusetts
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- Boston College Law School (J.D.)
- Union College (B.A., magna cum laude)