Carla focuses her practice on employment litigation and counseling, and government and internal investigations. She provides strategic day-to-day advice to clients on all aspects of the employment relationship, and represents clients before state and federal courts and administrative agencies in a variety of employment cases and in general business litigation matters. Carla also conducts workplace trainings related to discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and unconscious bias.
Carla has substantial experience with conducting, coordinating, and advising clients in sensitive investigations of workplace misconduct. She has investigated reports of discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation, and other workplace misconduct, including as an independent investigator. Carla has also completed MCAD-certified courses on conducting internal investigations of discrimination complaints and preventing workplace discrimination and harassment.
In addition to her employment practice, Carla also counsels and represents clients in government investigations and enforcement actions. Her experience includes working with clients to mitigate the impact of investigations, inquiries and enforcement actions by the United States Department of Labor, the United States Environmental Protection Agency, the United States Department of Justice, and State Attorney General offices. She also has experience with advising clients in connection with Title IX investigations.
- Chambers USA, Labor & Employment, Massachusetts, 2020 (Associate to Watch)
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2015-2019
- Denis Maguire Pro Bono Award, Volunteer Lawyers Project of the Boston Bar Association, 2018
- Pro Bono Award, Lawyers for Civil Rights, 2019
- Fellow, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity – 2020 Fellows Program
- Board of Directors, Volunteer Lawyers Project of the Boston Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Labor & Employment Section Steering Committee
- Public Interest Leadership Program, Class of 2017-2018
- Litigation Section Steering Committee, Membership Chair and Secretary (2014-2015)
- Women’s Bar Foundation
- Pro Bono Counsel, Family Law Project for Domestic Abuse Survivors
- Member, Women’s Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Black Lawyers Association
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- Boston College Law School (J.D., 2010)
- Union College (B.A., magna cum laude, 2008)