Carla focuses her practice on employment litigation and counseling, as well as business litigation.
In her litigation practice, Carla represents clients before state and federal courts, and administrative agencies in cases involving claims of wrongful discharge, retaliation, discrimination, harassment, tortious interference, and breach of non-compete, non-solicitation agreements and confidentiality agreements. She also has experience litigating complex business disputes.
In her employment counseling practice, Carla works with employers of all sizes, providing advice on a broad range of matters, including employment agreements, severance agreements, personnel policies, non-compete issues, and litigation avoidance strategies. She also conducts trainings on topics such as employment discrimination, sexual harassment and implicit bias, and has completed MCAD-certified courses on preventing workplace discrimination and harassment, conducting internal investigations of discrimination complaints, and responding to accommodation requests.
Carla also advises and represents clients in internal investigations as well as government investigations and enforcement actions. Her experience includes working with clients to mitigate the impact of investigations and enforcement actions by the United States Department of Labor, the United States Environmental Protection Agency, the Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office and the New York State Attorney General’s Office.
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2015-2018
- Denis Maguire Pro Bono Award, Volunteer Lawyers Project of the Boston Bar Association, 2018
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- Boston College Law School (J.D., 2010)
- Union College (B.A., magna cum laude, 2008)