Carla Reeves is an employment lawyer and litigator who advises employers of all sizes and varieties on legal matters arising out of the employment relationship. Her practice covers everything from pragmatic day-to-day advice to the defense of clients should disputes arise.
Carla advises clients on matters including recruitment and hiring, employment agreements, workplace policies, performance management, workplace accommodations, separations, and strategies for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. She also develops and conducts trainings on strategies for interrupting unconscious bias, and prevention of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Carla has extensive experience representing clients before state and federal courts, and administrative agencies in employment and other business disputes. She also advises clients on internal investigations of alleged workplace misconduct and leads external investigations involving complex workplace matters.
Carla also advises clients in connection with government investigations, inquiries, and enforcement actions. Her experience includes matters involving the United States Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the United States Environmental Protection Agency, the United States Department of Justice, and State Attorney General offices.
- Lawdragon 500: Top U.S. Corporate Employment Lawyers 2022
- Chambers USA, Labor & Employment, Massachusetts, 2020-2022 (Associate to Watch); 2023 (Up and Coming)
- Best Lawyers in America® Ones to Watch (2021-2024): Litigation, Labor and Employment
- Boston Magazine Top Lawyers, Employment, 2021
- Employment Law Trailblazer, The National Law Journal, 2021
- Excellence In the Law - Up & Coming Lawyer, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, 2021
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2015-2022
- Denis Maguire Pro Bono Award, Volunteer Lawyers Project of the Boston Bar Association, 2018
- Pro Bono Award, Lawyers for Civil Rights, 2019
- Boston Bar Association
- Advisory Committee Member, Women of Color Attorneys Leadership Forum (2022-Present)
- Co-Chair, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Section (2021-2023)
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (2020 Fellow)
- Massachusetts Black Lawyers Association
- Women’s Bar Association of Massachusetts
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- Boston College Law School (J.D.)
- Union College (B.A., magna cum laude)