American and international retailers turn to Matt Epstein for business and real estate law advice. Matt has coordinated the national roll-outs of stores for numerous retailers including J.Jill, J. Crew, kate spade, Tory Burch, Betsey Johnson and Swarovski Crystal, including the negotiation of leases at regional malls and urban locations. Matt has over 25 years of experience in a wide range of real estate matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Matt clerked for the Honorable Morey L. Sean, Federal District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana. He is a Director and a former Co-Chair of the firm's Retail, Restaurant & Consumer Industry Group. Matt is a member of the editorial board for the firm's retail blog, Retail Law Advisor.
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Best Lawyers in America® (2015-2020): Real Estate Law
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2004 - 2005, 2008, 2010 - 2016
- Recipient, Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children’s Whiteman Award, 1998
- Harvard Scholar, Cambridge University, Cambridge, England, 1976-1977
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Chair, Community Benefits Committee
- Member, Patient Care Assessment and Quality Control Committee
- Member, Board of Trustees
- Board Chair, Horizons for Homeless Children
- Presidential Advisory Council, Berklee College of Music
- Harvard College (B.A., cum laude, 1976)
- Emmanuel College, Cambridge University (M.A., 1978)
- Harvard Law School (J.D., 1982)