Peter is a litigator focusing in the areas of construction and bankruptcy. He represents clients in state and federal courts in a variety of litigation matters involving construction contracts, transportation, land use, director and officer litigation, insolvency matters and complex commercial disputes.
In his construction law practice, Peter primarily works with real estate developers and owners, drafting, negotiating and enforcing complex contracts for the design, construction and redevelopment of commercial real estate properties. His work largely centers on contracts for retail, mixed-use, hotel and office properties.
In his restructuring practice, Peter represents Chapter 11 debtors, creditors’ committees, secured and unsecured creditors in connection with bankruptcy proceedings, businesses in distressed asset sales and lenders throughout the country.
Chambers USA reports that "Peter is tremendous, particularly when it comes to analyzing complex information. A very capable attorney, he proactively and instinctively knows what to do and how to do it.” Prior to joining the firm, Peter worked as a law clerk for the Honorable Joan N. Feeney of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Massachusetts.
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers "Rising Stars," 2006 - 2012
- Chambers USA, “America’s Leading Business Lawyers," 2010-2011
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- BBA Financial Literacy Committee
- BBA Large Firm Pro Bono Committee
- Turnaround Management Association
Peter is admitted to practice in Massachusetts, the US Court of Appeals, 1st and 9th circuits and US District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Boston College Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2001)
- College of the Holy Cross (B.A., cum laude, 1994)