Vanessa Moody is a retail, leasing and bankruptcy attorney. She represents clients in connection with retail and restaurant leasing matters, and drafts and negotiates complex commercial leases, including ground leases and ancillary documents.
She also represents commercial developers in the negotiation and drafting of reciprocal easement agreements and condominium documents.
In connection with her retail work, Vanessa also represents landlords in the complex commercial bankruptcy cases of their tenants, including bankruptcy-related litigation and out-of-court workouts.
Vanessa's practice has additionally included the representation of debtors and creditors’ committees in Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases, and lenders in leveraged buy-outs, secured financings and other debt transactions.
Prior to her time at Goulston & Storrs, Vanessa was Law Clerk to Chief Judge (Ret.)Henry J. Boroff of the United States Bankruptcy Court, District of Massachusetts.
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers "Rising Stars," 2009-2012
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Network (f/k/a NEWIRE)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court District of Massachusetts Local Rules Advisory Committee Member
- Boston Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation
- Turnaround Management Association
- Northeastern University School of Law (J.D., 2005)
- University of California, Santa Cruz (B.A., 2000)